Become a Member
Please note that unfortunately, we are not able to accept any new Barber Association Memberships until further notice.
Join our community of like-minded art- and music-lovers and gain exclusive access to our collection through a programme of special events, talks and tours.
Your membership subscription will help fund vital sector training through paid internships, supporting our ambition to bring art and music to ever wider audiences.
In recognition of your support, you will receive:
- Invitations to special events for Members – in person or online
- Discounts on all Barber concerts and operas, including Summer Festival of Music performances
- Concessionary rates for selected Barber events – in person or online
- 15% discount on all Barber Institute gifts at Art UK
- 10% discount on all food, drink, and merchandise in the Barber shop
- ‘In the Picture’ supporters’ newsletter delivered times a year
- Music programme brochures delivered to your home
- Monthly Barber e-news
How can I join?
- Join online to pay by card
- Or download, print, complete and return a membership form to pay by direct debit or cheque
- Alternatively, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you a joining form in the post
Do you know someone special who is passionate about art and music?
Treat them to a whole year of Barber Association membership.
We’ll send a Welcome Pack direct to their door and you can choose to include a personal message, or we can sent a presentation voucher to you to give to them personally.
What do our Members say?
‘Thank you for letting us enjoy one of Birmingham’s hidden gems.’
‘I enjoy my membership and find it good value – I also take advantage of 10% off in the shop and think it sells excellent merchandise – I love the cards!’
‘The Barber is a wonderful institution and, as a member of the University, I am delighted to be able to support its activities.’
‘Very happy and honoured to be a member.’
If you’d like to support the Barber Institute at a more substantial financial level, or would like to upgrade your current membership, please consider becoming a Patron.