We’re looking forward to seeing you
In line with step 3 of the government’s roadmap out of lockdown, the Barber’s galleries are now open, as of Tuesday 18 May.
The permanent collection, exhibitions and displays can be enjoyed from Tuesday to Sunday, 10am to 5pm, and booking is essential. Before you visit, please familiarise yourself with the changes we’ve made to ensure the safety of visitors and staff.
Whether you’re exploring new places on your doorstep or are a familiar face, we’re delighted to welcome you to our beautiful collection. Please book your visit here.
Before you visit
- Find our full FAQs here
- Please book a ticket so we know you’re coming – entry to the galleries is by pre-booked ticket only
- Pre-booked tickets help everybody maintain social distancing; you will need to book for children as well as adults
- By booking your tickets you give consent for your contact details to be passed to NHS Test and Trace should this be required
- Please be prepared to show your e-ticket or a print-out of your ticket on arrival
- We are legally required to record name and contact details of every visitor over 16. Name and contact details will be taken by our reception staff on arrival and kept for 21 days to be passed to NHS Test and Trace if requested. Alternatively, members of the group with the NHS app on their smartphones can ‘check in’ using the NHS QR code poster at reception
- There is no specific time limit for your visit but to respect the needs of other visitors we may ask you to complete your visit after 90 minutes
Safety and hygiene
- If you or anyone in your household has Covid-19 symptoms or feels unwell, please stay at home and follow NHS guidance
- Social distancing and a clearly-signed one-way system will be in place
- For the safety of others and yourself, please wear a face covering. This is compulsory, unless you are exempt
- You’ll find hand-sanitiser stations around the building
- Our staff have received comprehensive training to ensure your visit is enjoyable and safe
- The building has an enhanced cleaning regime in place
Facilities and access
- Our cloakroom is closed, so please only bring a small bag and leave larger items at home
- Toilets and baby changing facilities are available with reduced capacity
- Find parking and public transport information here
- The Barber is a listed building with several steps up to the front entrance. Please let our team know if you require level access by calling 0121 414 7333 or emailing email@example.com before your visit. There is an internal lift to access the galleries.
- Our shop and refreshment area remain closed for the time being:
- A water cooler is available for public use – please bring your own bottle
- No food or drink can be taken into the galleries, and our tables have been removed from the foyer to support social distancing
- Is your visit not complete without a souvenir? Head over to our Art UK online store to treat yourself or a friend
Is now not the time?
Explore our first-ever digital exhibition, Sights of Wonder, our 10-minute podcasts all about the collection, and delve into our Barber Home content – we’re all set for digital and physical visitors alike!