We are looking forward to seeing you soon!
Our permanent collection, exhibitions and displays can be enjoyed from Tuesday to Sunday, 10am to 5pm – but do check the website before your visit in case of any last-minute changes.
The safety of staff and visitors is very important to us. Research commissioned by the Association of Leading Visitor Attractions indicates that the majority of visitors are not yet ready for all Covid-19 mitigation measures to be removed. In line with sector best practice, we are continuing to limit numbers in the galleries to ensure that our visitors can maintain their preferred distance from each other and we are strongly encouraging everyone to wear face coverings (unless exempt). To guarantee a visit at the time of your choice, please book your free ticket online in advance.
The University of Birmingham is now welcoming back students to campus ready for the start of term on 27 September. The Barber is delighted to be part of this welcome, being a space for students to enjoy for both academic and leisure activity during their time at university. Please be aware that from 18 September onwards the Barber will be used for teaching and extracurricular activity, and therefore you may be sharing our galleries and public spaces with University students and staff during your visit. If you have any questions regarding this in advance of your visit please contact email@example.com.
Whether you’re exploring new places on your doorstep or are a familiar face, we’re delighted to welcome you to our beautiful collection. Please book your visit here.
Before you visit
- Find our full FAQs here
- Please book your free tickets in advance to guarantee entry.
- Pre-booked tickets will ensure you can visit at the time of your choice; walk-up tickets may be available on the day but only if capacity allows.
- Please be prepared to show your e-ticket or a print-out of your ticket on arrival.
- There is no specific time limit for your visit but to respect the needs of other visitors we may ask you to complete your visit after 90 minutes.
Safety and hygiene
- If you or anyone in your household has Covid-19 symptoms or feels unwell, please stay at home and follow NHS guidance
- We have a recommended route around the galleries which helps everyone maintain their preferred distance from other visitors.
- Our staff will be wearing face coverings, unless exempt, and we strongly encourage visitors, unless exempt, to do the same.
- You’ll find hand-sanitiser stations around the building.
- Our staff have received comprehensive training to ensure your visit is enjoyable and safe.
- The building is well ventilated and has an enhanced cleaning regime in place.
Facilities and access
- Our gallery cloakroom is closed, so please only bring a small bag and leave larger items at home. Coats may be left on the hooks in our foyer but at visitors’ own risk.
- Toilets and baby changing facilities are available.
- Find parking and public transport information here.
- The Barber is a Grade 1 building with several steps up to the front entrance. Please help our team to help you by letting us know if you require level access by calling 0121 414 7333 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org before your visit. There is an internal lift to access the galleries.
- Our General Emergency Evacuation Plan (GEEP) can be found here. Please ask our Visitor Services Team if you wish to see the plan during your visit.
- Our shop and refreshment area remain closed for the time being:
- A water cooler is available for public use – please bring your own bottle.
- No food or drink can be taken into the galleries, and our tables have been removed from the foyer to support good hygiene and avoid crowding.
- Is your visit not complete without a souvenir? Head over to our Art UK online store to treat yourself or a friend.
- We have installed contactless donation points in the building to ensure donations to the Barber can be made safely and conveniently.
- Visiting Making a Mark exhibition with children? You can pick up your own free single-use paper family trail in the galleries to spark their curiosity and creativity.
- Covid-safe large print labels are available, please just ask a member of the team.
Is now not the time?
Explore our first-ever digital exhibition, Sights of Wonder, our 10-minute podcasts all about the collection, and delve into our Barber Home content – we’re all set for digital and physical visitors alike!
Version: 19 July 10 a.m.