TRIP TO NEW ART GALLERY WALSALL
The New Art Gallery, Walsall contains paintings, drawings prints and drawings by the likes of Monet, Degas, Van Gogh and Epstein, and also hosts major exhibitions by leading contemporary artists. The Barber Association will be heading there on the afternoon of Wednesday 25 February for an exclusive free introductory talk about the collection and shows by a member of the gallery’s staff.
Here is an itinerary for the afternoons’ activity:
· Catch train from University station to Birmingham New Street, around 1/1.15pm. There will also be the opportunity to meet at the Barber just before 1pm, so that people can walk to the station together.
· Suggested trains from Birmingham New Street:
13.42 (arrives in Walsall at 14.05)
13.57 (arrives in Walsall at 14.24)
· The Gallery is just a few minutes’ walk from Walsall train station (maps will be provided if necessary)
· 3pm: introduction to the gallery and a talk about the collection with Julie Brown, Collections Curator
· 4-5pm: independent time to look around the galleries: http://www.thenewartgallerywalsall.org.uk/whats-on
· 5pm: travel back to University via train.
· Entry to the gallery and the talk are both free, but delegates must pay their own train fare)
If you’re interested in this event please email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 0121 414 2261 to give an idea of numbers
We look forward to seeing you there!
FOR STUDENTS…INTO ART
If you care about art and are interested in getting involved in the life of the Barber Institute, the Barber Association is for you. Enthusiastically supported by the Department of History of Art, Film and Visual Studies and run by the Barber staff with students, you can unlock a world of opportunity and enjoy a great programme of events and offers throughout the year, beginning with the annual Barber Mixer on Thursday 2 October.
Barber Association members can enjoy:
- Great socials
- Brilliant practical art workshops
- Fascinating and enjoyable Art History ‘Speed Workshops’
- Invaluable career and networking events
- 10% off Barber merchandise in the Barber shop
- A National Art Pass for £15 (RRP £29)
- Joining the committee – and help decide the programme, run events and spread the word - it also looks great on your CV!
- Free admission to all ‘BEDFAS at the Barber’ lectures (normally £10)
MEMBERSHIP COSTS JUST £10 A YEAR
To welcome you to the Barber Association, come along to the Barber Mixer for an informal opportunity to meet and socialize with your new colleagues and tutors. The evening will feature some light-hearted art-related activities and competitions, pizza, beer and give-aways …. the perfect way to start the academic year!
This event is open to all students – including those not studying History of Art
TO JOIN THE BARBER ASSOCIATION or BUY MIXER TICKETS, PLEASE FILL IN THE FORM HERE AND RETURN TO THE ADDRESS LISTED, TOGETHER WITH ANY CHEQUES/ENVELOPES.
Alternatively, you can call and pay by credit card on 0121 414 2261.