The Barber’s special website to accompany the exhibition Bellows and the Body: The Real, the Ideal and the Nude (21 October 2016 – 22 January 2017) is still live – even though the show has now closed!
Through the site’s menu of illustrated essays and articles, specially recorded films, audio files and blog posts, you can learn more about George Bellows, the Ashcan School, and the way these artists and their contemporaries in Britain treated the nude as a subject in art – and much more.
The site features:
- Illustrated essays by the exhibition curator, Dr John Fagg, and researcher Deborah van den Herik;
- Films – specially commissioned for the project – featuring picture conservator Ruth Bubb and anatomist Professor Alice Roberts,
- Information about the Bellows and the Body symposium held in November 2016
- Themed conversations by academics and curators, recorded during the symposium
- An Ask the Curator webchat
- Features about, and blog posts by the Barber’s artist in residence, Matt Paggett, currently working on a project inspired by Bellows and his art
Visit the exhibition website here.